We offer a wide range of testing and inspection services to ensure the quality and reliability of our products. Below you will find an overview of the different types of tests and inspections.
Basic Mechanical Tests
Basic mechanical tests include:
- Tensile tests: to assess the strength and elasticity of the material.
- Charpy resilience tests: to measure the energy absorbed by the material during fracture.
- Hardness tests (HB Brinell, HRC Rockwell) according to/acc NACE MR 0175: to determine the material’s resistance to penetration.
In addition, we perform a complete chemical analysis (referring to the 14 basic elements + N) in accordance with ASTM E 415/95 standard.
Complementary tests include:
- Ultrasonic inspection with certificate issuance, according to EN 10160, ASTM A 435 / A 435 M, ASME SA 435 / SA 435 M, ASTM A 578, and ASME SA 578 standards.
- Roughness / Wrinkledness tests (EU 49): to assess the uniformity of the material’s surface.
- Z Test (EN 10164/ASTM 770): to verify the material’s resistance to lamellarity.
- HIC Test (NACE STANDARD): to evaluate the resistance to hydrogen-induced corrosion.
We also offer the possibility of inspections by external agencies, including:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Bureau Veritas (BV)
- Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- Germanisher Lloyd (GL)
- Ispettorato per la Sicurezza e Prevenzione nei Luoghi di Lavoro (ISPESL)
- Lloyd’s Register (LR)
- Registro Italiano Navale (RINA)
- Technischer Überwachungsverein (TÜV)
For more information about our testing and inspection services, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to answer all your questions and provide you with the necessary support to ensure the highest quality of our sheet steel products.